These 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter and Cacao Nib Date Bites are my new favorite energy-boosting snack! They’re a breeze to make, have no added sugar, and are completely kid-friendly.
I wish I didn’t have such a sweet tooth, but regardless of how much I wish it away, it remains my ever-present companion. It goes without saying that I’m a huge chocolate fan. I love keeping dark chocolate chips on hand for a quick sweet fix, but cacao nibs have become a new favorite that are great in satisfying my need for chocolate, without the sugar. If you’re new to cacao nibs, you can find them in the health-food section at Kroger, Sprouts, or most grocery stores. For ease, I ordered my latest bag from Amazon.
Why I LOVE Cacao Nibs:
- Excellent source of antioxidants, fiber, and minerals including iron and magnesium.
- 1/4 cup provides 8 grams dietary fiber, 4 grams protein, and 0 sugar.
- Easy to add in smoothies, cereal, trail mix, yogurt, ice cream and even baked goods, providing a lovely chocolate flavor without the sugar.
- A snack I feel good about giving to my toddler!
While my cacao-nib addiction is more recent, dates and peanut butter have been some of my healthy go-to’s for a long time. The natural sugars in the dates make them a great source for satisfying my sweet cravings, while the peanut butter adds a dose of healthy fat and protein. Pairing the three ingredients together makes for a delicious treat that’s healthy enough to be a snack, yet sweet enough to serve as dessert.
For other date-based recipes, check out the links below!
Energy Bars and Ball:
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Lara Bars
- Chocolate Peanut and Oat Energy Bars
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Pumpkin Bites
- Vermont Caramel Maple Thumbprints
- Raw Lemon Poppy Seed Bites
- Almond Date and Hemp Energy Bars
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter and Cacao Nib Date Bites
- 24 Deglet dates pitted*
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Slice dates down the center lengthwise, add 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cacao nibs and enjoy!