This Detox Cauliflower Brussels Sprouts Salad with Roasted Chickpeas is full of great flavor, a lot of crunch, and best of all it’s loaded with protein, fiber, and healthy fats! I’ve been eating on it the last several days and can’t seem to get enough!
Before the little ones arrived and when I was working full-time for a residential design firm in Green Hills, I shopped at Trader Joe’s weekly. But living in Franklin and no longer making that daily commute, I rarely make it that direction. Finding myself in that area the other day, I couldn’t resist stopping in to pick up several of my favorites, including these Seasoned Crispy Chickpeas. I love grabbing a handful for a quick snack or throwing them on my salad for their crunchy texture and added protein!
With the bag long gone and wishing I had another, I decided it would be much easier to make a batch of these Savory Spiced Roasted Chickpeas, rather than loading two little ones in the car and driving 20 minutes up the road, just to satisfy that craving! I’ve also been drooling over Pinch of Yum’s Spring Detox Cauliflower Salad lately. Ultimately the two combined inspired this Detox Cauliflower Brussels Sprouts Salad. I paired it with of my favorite dressings, Balsamic Almond and Turmeric Salad Dressing, and the outcome was exactly as I hoped it would be – full of a little nutty-earthy, yet sweet flavor and loaded with great texture and lots of crunch!
Detox Cauliflower Brussels Sprouts Salad with Roasted Chickpeas
- ROASTED CHICKPEAS:
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ¾ tbsp coconut oil melted
- ½ tsp ground smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground garlic
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- 6-8 cups organic greens chopped
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 8 large Brussels sprouts finely chopped
- 4 carrots shaved and cut
- 1/2 cup almonds sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Balsamic Almond and Turmeric Salad Dressing
- For the chickpeas: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse and drain chickpeas, then dry well with paper towel.
- Combine smoked paprika, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, and sea salt in small bowl. Add rinsed and dried chickpeas to baking sheet. Drizzle with melted coconut oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture over oil covered chickpeas, toss to fully cover, then spread seasoned chickpeas onto baking sheet in single layer. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy, it may take up to 35-40 minutes. Remove and shake the pan halfway through. Allow to cool.
- While chickpeas are roasting, add cauliflower to food processor and pulse until rice-like texture. Do the same with Brussels sprouts or finely chop with knife and cutting board.
- To assemble, divide chopped greens, riced cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and carrots evenly among four large bowls. Top with almonds, pumpkin seeds, and roasted chickpeas, then drizzle with Balsamic Almond and Turmeric Dressing or dressing of choice.