This Easy Chickpea Pasta Primavera is full of Summer’s best veggies. Whether you prefer it cold as a side salad, or warm for the main meal, it’s sure to deliver in both flavor and nutrition!
This recipe has been a long time favorite of mine. My mom use to make a Hawaiian Chicken recipe with rice that our family loved. I’ve made it several times myself through the years and nearly always use this Italian veggie dish as a side. It’s flavors blend perfectly with any teriyaki or sweet marinate and chicken or fish. Not only is it full of flavor and nutrition, but the colors are always so vibrant and beautiful.
Having recently developed a serious affection for chickpea pasta (who knew I was such a pasta lover?! 🤷♀️) I’ve been looking for new ways to prepare it. Adding it to this dish took it from a tasty, supporting side to front and center as the main dish!
With the addition of the pasta, I opted to use yellow squash, zucchini, onions, bell peppers and julienned carrots as my veggies. In the past I’ve added snap peas for a little extra crunch, but with the pasta I wanted to stick with veggies I could cut small and knew would soften up with little cook time. The best thing about this recipe is it’s sorta one of those kitchen-sink recipes, just use whatever fresh veggies you’ve got on hand.
The Colby Jack and Parmesan cheese bring in a lot of flavor at the end. I mean really, aren’t all things better coated in a layer of cheese? Nod your head yes. And of course fresh herbs – my favorite garnish to enhance the flavors. If you’re looking for a dish that’s both hearty and healthy – this is it!
5 Reasons I love this Easy Chickpea Pasta Primavera:
- Loaded with veggies
- Quick and easy with so much flavor
- High protein and fiber
- Hearty yet healthy 🙌🏻
For other wheat-free pasta dishes, check out this Sun-Dried Tomato and Mushroom Chickpea Pasta and Garlic Kale Pesto Pasta!
Easy Chickpea Pasta Primavera + Gluten-Free
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
For the Primavera
- 8 oz chickpea pasta
- 1/2 cup carrots julienned
- 1/2 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash thinly sliced and halved
- 1 medium zucchini thinly sliced and halved
- 1 small sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Colby Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese vegetarian
- Prep all vegetables fist, then cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, combine dressing in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Add vegetables to a large skillet, pour dressing over veggies and stir to coat. Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender and cooked to your preference.
- Once pasta has cooked, drain and add to vegetables, stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle with Colby Jack and Parmesan cheese, allow cheese to melt then serve.
Leave a Reply