These Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies are so moist and tender – clean ingredients never tasted so good!
If you’ve followed along for any amount of time, I’m sure you know I love sweets. I pretty much want all-things-healthy, followed by something sweet. And while I love to bake, I have to get it out of the house or freeze it. If I don’t, I eat it. ALL. 🙈
My niece on the hand, she’s not so big on sweets. She likes her specific things, chocolate being one of them (duh), but then she’s fairly particular. Which has always sorta blown my mind. I get the whole shredded coconut thing, the texture can be a little odd. But not liking carrot cake or pie? Really? I can’t help but look at my sister and ask if she’s sure she’s related to us.
And now, Addie (my own little one) is odd about sweets, too! Like…who are you?! It was National Donut Day not too long ago and the Kroger bakery offered my kids a donut. She wouldn’t eat it. Took one bite and was like…”uh’huh” – pushed it back at me. Really kid? It’s a DONUT.🤯
But these Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies? She loved them. Whew, perhaps she’s mine after all. Maybe she prefers healthier treats? I won’t argue. Regardless, these cookies are good! They’re soft and tender, with a little chewiness. And rich in peanut butter with just the right amount of sweetness.
Why you Need these Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies In your LIFE:
- Real-food ingredients
- Gluten-free + Refined Sugar-Free
- Uses coconut palm sugar, a natural sweetener that’s low on the glycemic index and contains vitamins and minerals like Iron and Zinc
- 5 ingredients + baking soda, salt, vanilla extract (those things don’t really count, right? 😜)
- Makes a small batch incase you’re concerned you might eat them all…in one setting 😂
These cookies are perfect for those of you who have kiddos at home during these Summer months. Because, let’s be real, kids are ALWAYS hungry. Right? Where do they put it all?! You can feel good about baking a batch or two of these and watching them wolf’em down.
For other Healthy Gluten-Free Cookies and Bars, check out some of my favs below:
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- Vegan Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Bars
- Raw Chocolate Oat Bars
- GF Peanut Butter Banana and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter and Oat Bars
Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp refined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp coconut sugar for dusting optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add refined coconut oil to large bowl and microwave for 10 seconds to slightly soften. Then add creamy peanut butter and coconut sugar. Stir well until combined.
- Add egg white and vanilla extract, whisk to combine. Then add blanched almond flour, baking soda and salt and continue to whisk until fully mixed.
- Use small cookie scoop (approx 1”) to scoop out cookies and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Dust with coconut sugar if desired then put in freezer for 10-15 minutes. This step is really important, if you skip it the cookies will spread really flat when baking.
- After cookies have firmed up in freezer, bake for 7 minutes then allow to cool 10 minutes before removing to cookie sheet. The cookies will seem underbaked, but trust me, they’ll harden up a bit and will be delicious and moist! Makes approximately 20 small cookies