This Gluten-Free Garlic Kale Pesto Pasta is made using Green Lentil Spaghetti pasta coated in a creamy garlicky kale pesto sauce. The pesto sauce is a combination of ripe avocado, raw pecans, garlic, parmesan cheese, and of course kale. The flavor is bold and earthy with a touch of nuttiness, resulting in so much flavor.
I’ve never considered myself much of a pasta girl. I like pasta, I’ve just avoided it over the years because of its higher carb content with fairly low protein and fiber. But there are so many healthier pasta options available these days – pasta made from chickpeas, lentils, black beans, etc – with nearly double the fiber and protein of the more traditional pastas. And with these healthier options available, I find myself adding pasta to our regular weekly routine.
Which both my husband and kids seem to appreciate. It can be hard sometimes finding dinner options that everyone enjoys, and are also nutritious. My youngest is nearly 2 and it seems like her likes and dislikes in the way of food are constantly changing. What she eats great one day, is an “huh’uh” the next. Fingers crossed, pasta seems to be a fairly consistent “uh’huh” these days.
This green lentil spaghetti is made with two simple ingredients – green lentil flour and organic quinoa flour. And one serving has 14 grams protein and 7 grams fiber. Making it a choice I feel really good about when it comes to feeding my family.
Garlic Kale Pesto Pasta Highlights:
- quick and easy recipe
- super nutritious with 21 grams protein and 12 grams fiber
- OH, and reallly tasty :)
Gluten-Free Garlic Kale Pesto Pasta
- 1 16 oz box Green Lentil Spaghetti or pasta of choice
- 3 cups kale loosely packed
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup water*
- crushed red pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Add kale, avocado, pecans, parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper to the bowl of a food processor. Process on high for 15-20 seconds, stopping to scrape down the sides and add water until the pesto reaches prefferred consistency. Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Once pasta has cooked and water is drained, add pesto to pasta and toss until pasta is well coated.
- Divide evenly among 3-4 pasta bowls (depending on how hungry you are), garnish with crushed red pepper and additional Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Leave a Reply