This Chickpea Rice Stir Fry with Veggies is super easy to make, ready in 30 minutes and better than take-out, both in flavor and nutrition! PLUS, it’s vegan, gluten-free, and soy-free!
You guys, the sickness this season is REAL. I feel like everyone I know has at least one person in their family, if not more, who has a virus, the flu, strep, an ear infection, bronchitis, pneumonia, and respiratory infection and the list just keeps going! It’s awful.
At the moment, our two young-ins have the flu. 😷😭It’s so hard to see your little ones not feel good. We’ve been doing all sorts of things to help speed their recovery along – a thousand essential oils, Zarbee’s cough and mucous syrup, bentonite clay on their feet, epsom salt baths, and of course, loads of Tylenol, Ibuprofen and REST. I’ve been working hard to make sure they’re getting lots of vitamins and minerals in their foods (fruits, vegetables, nuts, and soup) and drinking loads of fluid, while trying desperately to disinfect things as much as I possibly can.
Meals like this one, full of so many vegetables and rice made from chickpeas are what I’m living for right now. I need all the wholesome foods I can get in me and my family to help them heal and keep Josh and I well!
Chickpea Rice Stir Fry with Veggies
- SUPER yummy
- Chickpea rice is 🙌🏻🙌🏻
- Quick and Easy
- Full of vitamins and minerals
- 20 grams protein, 12 grams fiber
Aside from the health benefits this dish has to offer, it has so much flavor! I love a good stir-fry – so many great flavors and textures complementing one another. So many options when it comes to the base, veggies, and protein. And SO much color, something about colorful food just makes me feel good!
Chickpea rice – have you tried it yet? I’m hooked, totally love it. The texture is so similar to actual rice, but (in my humble opinion) it’s so much more favorable! And super healthy with 12 grams protein and 5 grams fiber. It’s cooks in 5 minutes, way quicker than rice, barley, or farro, and is an easy swap in any recipe that calls for traditional rice. Let me repeat, I’m hooked!
I devoured mine exactly as the recipe is written, but I added a side of Caulipower Spicy Chicken (pictured below) to Josh’s and he loved it!
For some of my other favorite grain recipes – check out the links below.
- Tikki Masala Veggies and Rice + Vegan
- Veggie and Egg Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- Spinach Masala with Organic Brown Rice and Naan Bread
- Balsamic Maple Glazed Cauliflower
- Asian Fried Farro with Roasted Eggplant
Chickpea Rice Stir Fry with Veggies | Vegan + GF
- 1 8 oz box of chickpea rice (or rice of choice)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion chopped
- 2 small bell peppers chopped
- 4-5 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 1/2 medium zucchini chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage chopped
- 1/4 cup Oceans Halo No Soy, Soy-Free Sauce
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- fresh parsley chopped
- sesame seeds
- protein of choice - tofu, chicken, steak OPTIONAL
- Cook chickpea rice according to package directions.
- While rice cooks, heat coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat, add onions and cook 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and they begin to become translucent.
- Add bell peppers, broccoli, zucchini, and red cabbage to skillet and cook 3-5 minutes. Then add Oceans Halo no soy, soy-free sauce, sea salt and black pepper, stir until well combined, and cook until all veggies are soft.
- Divide chickpea rice among 4 bowls, top with cooked veggies, garnish with sesame seeds and fresh parsley and enjoy.
Leave a Reply