These Veggie and Egg Cauliflower Rice Bowls are pretty much all my favorites things cooked and tossed together in one bowl. We’re talking riced cauliflower + Brussels sprouts + zucchini + soft eggs + shaved parmesan cheese + roasted pumpkin seeds. You’ve got flavor, texture, crunch and NUTRITION playing together like BFF’s.
Cauliflower has been a long time friend of mine featured in a number of my recipes. I love that in the same way a blank canvas willingly evolves into whatever the artist envisions, cauliflower too, eagerly adapts and embraces whatever flavors or texture you desire. It’s played a leading role in these tacos, pizza, pasta, curry and lettuce wraps and now its the base for these Veggie and Egg Cauliflower Rice Bowls.
With the sun setting by 4:30 every day, I make and photograph all dishes during the day for the natural light. Having prepared this while Josh was at work, I warmed up the cauliflower rice and veggies and fixed a couple fresh eggs for him for dinner. It wasn’t until after he finished the large helping that I told him it was cauliflower and not a grain or rice, he had no idea, but seemed to enjoy every bite. He’s use to my veggie-loaded meals and doesn’t question me often, still it’s always a good sign when he doesn’t ask what he’s eating and instead digs in.
Recapping Reasons to LOVE these Cauliflower Rice Bowls:
- Riced cauliflower over traditional rice, barley, or Farro
- High protein eggs, cooked to your liking
- Brussels Sprouts + Pumpkin Seeds + Parmesan Cheese…need I say more?
- Vitamin boasting, flavor bursting Smoked Paprika
- Turmeric and all its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant glory
- Flavor + texture + NUTRITION
- Hearty and filling 🙌
- ONE pot dish, simple cleanup – yes please and thank you
Veggie and Egg Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 medium sweet onion finely chopped
- 1/2 large bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 medium zucchini chopped
- 12 small Brussels sprouts roughly chopped
- 4-5 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 oz fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- fresh herbs
- Add coconut oil to 10” skillet and cook on medium heat for 30 seconds or until oil melts. Add onions, stir to coat in oil, then cook 1-2 minutes. Add bell pepper, stir, and continue to cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir zucchini and Brussels sprouts into onion/pepper mixture, cover with lid and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add 4-5 cups riced cauliflower along with seasonings, stir to combine, cover with lid and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Lower heat to low and create grooves for the eggs using the back of a large spoon. Crack eggs and add to each groove, cover with lid and cook about 2 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to preference. I tend to prefer a runny yoke, but did these with a soft yoke.
- Remove from heat and garnish with pumpkin seeds, freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.