These Vegan Walnut Cauliflower Street Tacos are a delightful way to fill your belly with satisfying, wholesome ingredients! While I’m still loving soups and all things warm and hearty, Spring is here and I’ve got tacos on the brain! Once the weather starts warming up, I find my taste buds quickly start to crave things like tacos, veggie burgers, watermelon, roasted asparagus, corn on the cob and other seasonal favorites.
With the Shelter In Place Order in effect and Josh working from home the last six weeks, I find I’m cooking now more than ever. And not just cooking, but baking. I’ve got to stop baking! It’s no secret I have a huge sweet tooth, and my kids have for sure inherited that love for sweets. Thankfully they’re also really healthy eaters. I’m big on making sure they eat the good stuff before the fun. But they also love sweets made with wholesome ingredients.🙌🏻
Regardless, between cookies, bread, muffins and even cake, we’ve baked and eaten a LOT of yummy things over the last month and a half. There’s just something so comforting about baking, isn’t there?
Outside of baking, we’ve been eating a lot of meals loaded with fresh produce: roasted veggies and eggs for breakfast, hearty salads for lunch, and a variety of wholesome meals for dinner. Including several purely plant based dishes like these Vegan Cauliflower Walnut Street Tacos.
These tacos are full of flavor with such a satisfying texture. I love mixing foods with different flavors and textures. The cauliflower and carrots add a tender crunch, while the walnuts + seasonings bring in a smoky, nutty flavor. Add the potent garnish of fresh onions, and the smooth creaminess of the avocado, wrapped up in a toasted tortilla and it’s one delightful bite after another!
ALL THE REASONS TO LOVE THESE Vegan Cauliflower Walnut Street Tacos:
- Super filling and satisfying, whether you’re vegan or not
- Wholesome ingredients
- Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Quick and easy – just blend and roast!
- SO much flavor and texture
- Toasted corn tortillas are the best!
Next time you’ve got tacos on the brain…try these!
Vegan Walnut Cauliflower Street Tacos
- Food processor
FOR THE WALNUT CAULIFLOWER TACO “MEAT”
- 2 large carrots
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1.5 cup raw walnut pieces halves
- 1-2 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
FOR THE STREET TACOS
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 can refried beans
- 1-2 medium avocados cubed
- green or red onion finely chopped
- fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add carrots, cauliflower, walnuts, chipotle peppers and all seasonings to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse all ingredients until the mixture is evenly ground yet still has some smaller chunks (see pictures), approximately 10-15 seconds.
- Transfer vegan taco "meat" to a greased baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 20-22 minutes, stirring halfway through to prevent over-browning. You want the carrots and cauliflower to be cooked but not mushy, leaving it with a slightly crunchy texture.
- While taco “meat” cooks, heat tortillas in small skillet, one by one, about 1 minute on each side until it begins to brown. Wrap each toasted tortilla in aluminum foil to keep warm and fresh until ready to assemble
- Once taco “meat” has cooked and cooled slightly, begin to assemble your tacos, adding a large spoonful of cooked refried beans to each toasted tortilla, followed by taco “meat”, avocado, fresh herbs and chopped onions. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from my Vegan Green Goddess Wraps.
Leave a Reply