Here we are, September 29th and it’s 93 degrees in middle Tennessee. Why????😫
Everyone I know is just longing for it to feel like Fall, myself included. To feel a chill in the air. To be able to wear long sleeves or a hat without melting. And it’s been SO dry. We’ve had so little rain in the last month, I’m honestly not sure we’ll have much of a Fall, at least not in the way of beautiful, colorful trees.
BUT, whether it feels like Fall or not, I say bring on all the pumpkin, apple, cinnamon and other Fall-favorite foods! Starting with these Healthy Pumpkin Oat pancakes! These babies are gluten-free, quick and easy and so incredibly good!! The pumpkin flavor is present without being overpowering, making them the perfect transition dish, as we crave Fall, yet find ourselves in sweltering temperatures.
These Pumpkin Oat Pancakes come together in a matter of minutes. Add all your ingredients to a high power blender and process 45-60 seconds. While the batter blends, grease a large pan or skillet with a bit of coconut oil and heat over medium. Once the batter is smooth, add it to the hot skillet in 1/4 cup increments, cook 2-3 minutes on each side and DONE. So easy and so good.
One of my favorite things about pancakes in general is how versatile you can be with toppings. I added a couple chopped pecans and dark chocolate chips to mine, then drizzled with a little maple syrup, while opting for sliced bananas in place of the pecans for the little ones. Without hesitation, the kiddos devoured these. Addie, my two-year-old is one of those who wants to run and play while snacking. When it comes to sitting at the table for meals, she tends to drag out the meal for what feels like hours. Putting a bite of food in her mouth, then chewing on it or holding it in there for 5-10 minutes. I literally don’t get it. Chew and swallow. It’s that easy. Life with toddlers, right?😅
But not these pancakes. She sat and ate every bite. Quickly. And who can blame her? Pumpkin pancakes + dark chocolate chips + banana + maple syrup, what’s not to love? Little does she know she was actually fueling her body with vitamins, minerals and antioxidant loaded pumpkin, protein loaded eggs, and fiber filled whole oats! 🙌 If you’re looking for a healthy, yet seriously delicious breakfast, these pumpkin pancakes are a must!
What is the weather like in your area? Does it feel like Fall? And regardless of the weather, have you starting eating all your Fall favorite foods yet? Share your favorites with me!!
Healthy Pumpkin Oat pancakes (Gluten-Free)
- 2 cups organic rolled oats CF gluten free if necessary
- 1 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- maple syrup
- bananas sliced
- dark chocolate chips DF if needed
- pecans chopped
- Place all ingredients, oats through sea salt, into a high speed blender. Process on high for about 1 minute. Oats should be broken down and a smooth consistency reached.
- Heat a large flat pan or skillet over medium heat, spray with nonstick coconut oil.
- Once skillet is hot, poor approximately 1/4 cup pancake batter on pan, repeat 2-3 times depending on the size of your skillet/pan.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, flip, and cook another 2-3 minutes. Repeat this process, always making sure you coat the pan with oil between pancakes, until all batter is gone. Makes approximately 12 small pancakes.
- Serve hot with toppings of choice, we enjoyed them with maple syrup, sliced bananas, pecans and dark chocolate chips!
Adapted from What Molly Made.