These Gluten-Free Blueberry Zucchini Muffins are made with garbanzo bean flour (or chickpea flour – same thing) and so delightful! Naturally sweetened with honey, incredibly moist from the zucchini, and bursting with fresh blueberries, they’re perfect for Spring!
Honestly, these muffins are my first experiment with garbanzo bean flour. I’ve wanted to try baking with it for a while and just haven’t. Now that I finally did, I just might be hooked!
The flour lends itself to sort of a “nutty” flavor, which beautifully complements the blueberries in these muffins. I literally think my kids and I ate half the pan within an hour of pulling them from the oven. 🤦♀️ But you know, I don’t even feel bad about it. Each muffin is packed with 4 grams of protein and 3 grams fiber. They’re only 124 calories each and contain zero added sugar. And that doesn’t even get in to the vitamins and minerals they boast. 🙌🏻
If you’re looking for a muffin to add to your breakfast routine, or just want a tasty healthy snack – try these Gluten-Free Blueberry Zucchini Muffins!
Scroll below 👇to read more about the benefits garbanzo bean flour has to offer. I’ve also posted several links to some of my other favorite gluten-free baked goods!
Garbanzo Bean/Chickpea Flour Health Benefits:
- Full of vitamins and minerals
- Chickpeas contain antioxidants and may help fight free radicals
- 25% fewer calories than white/wheat flour
- High in fiber
- Higher in protein than wheat flour, and provides nearly all the essential amino acids
- Naturally gluten-free making it a great alternative for those with celiac disease, a gluten intolerance ,or wheat allergy
- Behaves similarly to refined flour in fried and baked foods
- Basically, it’s tasty, nutritious, and makes for a SIMPLE swap!
More Gluten-Free Baked Goods!
- Gluten-Free Oat Almond and Flax Waffles
- Green Smoothie Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Gluten-Free Maple Baked Donuts with Maple Glaze
- Gluten-Free Pancakes with Cranberry Apple Compote
- Gluten Free Zucchini Chocolate Chunk Muffins
- Fudgy Flourless Chocolate Chili Muffins
Gluten-Free Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo bean flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini squeezed of excess moisture with a paper towel
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large brown egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix garbanzo bean flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, add zucchini, banana, honey, vanilla extract, unsweetened applesauce, egg, and almond milk. Whisk to combine, slowly stir in the melted (but cooled) coconut oil, and continue to stir until combined.
- Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredient, and mix until just combined. Fold in blueberries then evenly divide among 12 lined muffin holes. Bake at 350 for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick is able to be inserted in the middle and come out clean.
- Cool on baking rack and enjoy! Store in air tight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. If storing longer, keep in air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Garbanzo bean flour nutrition benefits taken from here.