Vegetarian Zucchini Lo Mein
This Vegetarian Zucchini Lo Mein is ready in under 30 minutes, full of fresh Asian-Inspired flavors, and bursting with vitamin-packed ingredients! PLUS it’s soy-free, gluten-free, and vegan-friendly!
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup Oceans Halo No Soy Soy-Free sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp raw honey substitute with maple syrup for vegan
- FOR THE LO MEIN:
- 2 large zucchini spiraled into noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 bunch green onion chopped (white and green divided)
- 2 large carrots julienned
- 1 large bell pepper matchstick
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 3 tbsp cashews roughly chopped
- Protein of choice optional*
- chopped green onion
- hemp hearts
- fresh herbs
Add all ingredients for sauce, no soy soy-free sauce, sesame oil and honey, to a small mason jar and whisk or add lid and shake.
Then add 1 tbsp sesame oil to large skillet with the chopped onions (white pieces) and cooked 1-2 minutes. Once onions begin to become translucent, add carrots, bell pepper, and cabbage, cook additional 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Finally add mushrooms and kale and cook until all veggies are soft, 3-4 minutes.
Add fresh zucchini noodles and sauce to skillet, stir to combined, cover with lid and cook approximately 3 minutes, or until zucchini noodles are cooked to your preference. Careful not to overcook.
Divide among 2 or 3 bowls, add roughly chopped cashews and optional protein (chicken, steak, tofu) garnish with onions, fresh herbs and hemp hearts. Enjoy!
- For additional protein, top with cooked chicken, steak, or tofu. I added Caulipower’s Spicy Chicken to my husbands and he loved it!
- Nutrition info does not include optional protein.
Serving: 2people | Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 690mg | Potassium: 945mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 307IU | Vitamin C: 216mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 11mg