Chickpea Rice Stir Fry with Veggies | Vegan + GF
This Chickpea Rice Stir Fry with Veggies is better than take-out, both in flavor and nutrition! PLUS, it’s vegan, gluten-free, and soy-free!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 8 oz box of chickpea rice (or rice of choice)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion chopped
- 2 small bell peppers chopped
- 4-5 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 1/2 medium zucchini chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage chopped
- 1/4 cup Oceans Halo No Soy, Soy-Free Sauce
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- fresh parsley chopped
- sesame seeds
- protein of choice - tofu, chicken, steak OPTIONAL
Cook chickpea rice according to package directions.
While rice cooks, heat coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat, add onions and cook 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and they begin to become translucent.
Add bell peppers, broccoli, zucchini, and red cabbage to skillet and cook 3-5 minutes. Then add Oceans Halo no soy, soy-free sauce, sea salt and black pepper, stir until well combined, and cook until all veggies are soft.
Divide chickpea rice among 4 bowls, top with cooked veggies, garnish with sesame seeds and fresh parsley and enjoy.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 7.6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 930mg | Potassium: 848mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 77IU | Vitamin C: 427mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 30mg