No Bake Chocolate Oat Quinoa Cookies (GF + Vegan)
These No Bake Chocolate Oat Quinoa Cookies are loaded with nutrition, yet rich and satisfying, the ultimate sweet treat!
Servings: 35 cookies
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil*
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup*
- 6 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups toasted quinoa flakes*
- 2 cup organic rolled oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips dairy-free for vegan
Add peanut butter, refined coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao powder to medium sauce pan, cook over medium heat, stirring continuously until melted and well combined.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, toasted quinoa flakes, whole oats and peanut butter powder. Stir until toasted quinoa flakes and rolled oats are are fully coated.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and roll small spoonful of cookie dough intp ball, place on prepared sheet, press down gently to flatten cookie. Repeat until all cookie dough is used.
Cool in refrigerator. I like to store these in airtight container in refrigerator, then sit out to room temperature before serving. Super rich and yummy - good luck stopping at one!
- Can substitute honey for maple syrup if Vegan isn’t needed.
- Refined coconut oil will keep the cookies from having a strong coconut flavor, if you wish to use extra virgin coconut oil, know there will be some coconut flavor.
- Can use cocoa powder in place of cacao powder if needed.
- The quinoa flakes add a lovely texture while adding a lot of nutritional benefits, if you don’t have them or can’t find them, you can just use 4 cups rolled oats instead of 2 cups toasted quinoa + 2 cups oats.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 4mg