Vegan Cranberry Almond and Cacao Energy Bars
These Vegan Cranberry Almond and Cacao Energy Bars are a breeze to make, just blend, stir, press and refrigerate! They pack a punch in both nutrition and flavor!
Servings: 16 bars
- 1 cup packed medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup blanched almond flour*
- 1/4 cup peanut butter*
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp raw cashews
- 2 tbsp cacao powder*
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds*
- 3-4 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs*
Add medjool dates, almond flour, peanut butter, maple syrup, raw cashews, and cacao powder to bowl of food processor. Process on high for 15-20 seconds or until a fairly smooth consistency is reached. You should be able to pinch some together and have it holds it’s shape. If it’s too try, add a bit more maple syrup or a couple more dates. If it’s too wet, add a tablespoon or two of almond flour.
Once the ingredients listed above are well combined, remove the blade and stir in pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
Line a 9x13 pan with plastic wrap, or use an 8x8 for thicker bars, then add mixture to pan and spread out evenly, then press firm with the back of a spatula. I like to add plastic wrap to the top of them and press down firmly.
Top with dried cranberries and cacao nibs, press with spatula again, then refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
Remove and cut into 16 bars, wrap individually in plastic wrap so they’re ready to take on the go! Store in refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy!
- Blanched Almond Flour: I haven’t tried it, but I think almond meal would work just as well if you don’t have almond flour
- Peanut Butter: Substitute Almond butter or nut butter of choice if allergic to peanuts
- Cacao Powder: Cocoa powder is fine if you do not have cacao powder
- Sunflower Seeds: Feel free to just add 2 more tbsp of pumpkin seeds if you don’t have both
- Cacao Nibs: If you don’t need vegan/dairy-free, you can substitute with mini chocolate chips
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.9mg