Gluten-Free Pancakes with Cranberry Apple Compote
These Gluten-Free Pancakes with Cranberry Apple Compote would make for a lovely addition to your Christmas Breakfast or Brunch! Bold in flavor, rich in color!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- FOR THE CRANBERRY APPLE COMPOTE
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 12 ounce package fresh cranberries
- 2 cups granny smith apples peeled and diced, approx 2 cups
- FOR THE GLUTEN-FREE PANCAKES
- 1 1/2 cup Arrowhead Organic gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon organic coconut sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Suggested Toppings: Additional maple syrup or honey orange zest, Greek yogurt fruit dip
FOR THE CRANBERRY APPLE COMPOTE:
Add honey, maple syrup, water, and cinnamon to a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium heat and bring to a boil, stir frequently.
Once mixture above is boiling, add cranberries and apples, gently stir until well combined. Reduce heat to low and allow mixture to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until mixture has begun to thicken.
Remove from heat and allow to cool, then take fork and gently mash cranberries against the side of the pan so they pop and release their juice.
FOR THE GLUTEN-FREE PANCAKES:
Add gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and coconut sugar to a large mixing bowl, whisk until well combined.
Add in the eggs, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir until mixture is smooth, it should be somewhat thin, like your traditional pancake batter.
Heat large skillet over medium heat and spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
Once the skillet is hot, pour batter into individual pancakes, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Smooth out with a spoon or spatula if needed. Cook until golden brown on bottom, then flip and cook again until a light golden brown color is reach. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve warm with your choice of toppings and enjoy!